Deadlifting is a strength sport that has been around for a long time. It is seen as the most basic exercise and one of the best ways to build up your overall health and fitness level. The Deadlift is essentially lifting two heavy weights off the ground, usually with your back on each side of an imaginary line called a bar, and then bending at the waist until your torso is parallel with the floor.
The Deadlift can also be done against a wall or power rack, but this will require you to use more weight in order to get proper form. A good way to improve your deadlift performance would be by adding weight or doing more reps when you are performing this exercise so that it becomes harder over time, which will improve your strength and muscle development.
To make the Deadlift more challenging, you can use these tips:
1. Use a wider stance, or in other words, keep your legs apart. This will make it harder to pull the weight up because it will create more muscle tension that is needed to be developed.
2. Use chains or bands for assistance as well as hooks or straps for assistance and also improve your grip strength which will help you to get the bar up easier.
3. Use an adjustable deadlift bar in order to make the exercise more challenging. By adjusting the bar in various different ways, you can change the height of your grip and make deadlifts that much harder.
4. If you want to do more reps or a few more reps at a heavier weight, use a regular barbell instead of an Olympic bar because doing more reps at similar weight is harder then doing a few reps with lighter weight on the Olympic bars.
5. Wear a weight belt to add more support when performing the Deadlift and increase your strength in this exercise.
6. To improve your core stability, aim to perform Deadlifts with a neutral spine or close to a neutral spine (if not, try to do it). Doing this will prevent you from arching your back and losing control of the weight.
Other helpful tips to consider when performing the Deadlift are:
1. Adding weight to your Deadlift every week is a good way to improve your strength and muscle development. This will help you to continue getting stronger and over time, you can start using more weight to get more reps of the deadlift which will make it easier over time,
2. If you are using a bar for your deadlift, use a regular bar in order to increase the weight and make your workout easier. When the weight gets too heavy on an Olympic bar, it is harder to hold onto making it difficult to lift.
3. Always keep your back straight when performing the Deadlift because this will allow you to get more reps of this exercise without straining yourself and decrease your risks of injury or other problems.
4. When you are starting out, use a weight that is heavier than what you are capable of lifting in order to get stronger and develop more muscle. This will make it easier over time to get more reps at a heavier weight by using the tips mentioned above.
5. Complete your Deadlift workout with a low intensity stretch, followed by another strong set of Deadlifts that helps to increase your strength and endurance.
6. A way to get more reps on the Deadlift is to do it with a wider stance or by bending your knees slightly. Doing this will allow you to complete more reps higher than a normal deadlift and in turn will make it easier for you to improve your strength and build muscle.
7. If you want to improve your Deadlift performance, use a combination of these tips including changing your stance, wearing some straps on one hand, or putting on a weight belt.
We hope these tips help take your deadlifting to the next level! If you have questions or additional deadlift tips to share, hit us up on our facebook page! Good luck!